Top Tips For Feeling Confident
It’s easier to make friends when you’re confident and happy with who you are.
Here are some top tips on feeling confident!
Feeling good about yourself and how you look can boost your self-confidence.
- Wear the clothes you want – that you feel comfortable in
- Wear makeup if you want to
- Choose nice perfume or body spray, deodorant, shampoo
- Be generous with compliments
- Be interested in your friends
- Be good at something
- Only answer questions you want about your disability
- Respect the opinions of others
- Be assertive and think about getting what you want
- Be proud of who you are
- Make and be involved in decisions that affect your life
- Learn about and manage your condition as you get older
Taken from Contact a Family booklet ‘Growing Up Sex and Relationships: a Booklet for Young Disabled People’